JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are two important exams for admission to engineering courses to top notch engineering colleges in India. Candidates who clear JEE Mains can appear for JEE advanced.
Candidates with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects in class 12th can take JEE mains.
JEE mains conduct two papers on the same day for different engineering course of three hours each.
JEE mains 2016 was held April 3, 2016 and results were declared in the month of April. Candidates can check their results by visiting the official website.
The article deals with JEE mains results and some other important features of it in detail.
Who should take JEE mains?
JEE mains exam is for admission into BE/ B. tech and B. arch/ B. planning. So candidates who are willing to build a career in engineering should take JEE mains.
Also the candidates must have opted non-medical in their class 12th. Only then they can take JEE mains.
How is JEE mains conducted?
JEE mains is conducted for students who are willing to get admissions to BE/ B. tech and B. arch/ B. planning.
Two papers are conducted under JEE mains – both on the same day. Candidates can choose which paper to appear depending upon the course he wants admission to.
The first paper which is for admission to BE/ B. tech can either be attempted online or in pen paper mode. But the second paper which is for admission to B. arch/ B. planning occurs in pen paper mode only.
- JEE mains have 2 papers with duration of three hours each.
- Every correct answer carries four marks.
- Every incorrect answer deducts one mark.
- Un attempted questions carries zero marks
- Both the papers under JEE mains are objective type.
- Paper 1 has 90 questions with 30 questions from each Physics, mathematics and chemistry.
- Paper 2 has 82 questions in total.
- The mathematics section has 30 questions carrying a total of 120 marks.
- The Aptitude Section has 50 questions carrying a total of 200 marks.
- At the end are two questions on Memory and 2D design of 70 marks.
JEE mains results 2016
The JEE Mains Result was declared in the month of April. Candidates who appeared in JEE mains 2016 can check their results on the official website.
- Visit the official website.
- Go to JEE ( Main )- score of paper I
- You will be taken to the login page.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Your score card will be displayed on the screen.
Some other important things about JEE mains 2016 results are given below:
- JEE mains 2016 results forms the basis for the JEE mains 2016 rank list.
- The rank list so prepared is used as a basis for admissions to NITs, IITs and other institutes funded by central and state governments.
- Registration for JEE advanced is started after you registered for JEE mains 2016.
- While registering for JEE advanced, candidate is required to login as existing user.
- He must use his JEE mains 2016 roll number and password to sign in and register for JEE advanced.
After JEE mains 2016 results are out, cut off list is prepared on its basis.