OnePlus has today given an exciting surprise to its OnePlus One customers. An early alpha build of the company’s official Lollipop ROM—with no mention of Cyanogen to be seen—has been released to the public and you can download it right now.
Last month, OnePlus announced that it was working on launching the Lollipop 5.0 ROM . Though the company has launched its early version, the official firmware is yet to be released which is close to the stock version, bloat-free and highly customizable. The company shared a new custom ROM last month. Over the next several months, the company plans to come up with measures to improve the existing features. The company will release its official firmware shortly which will have stock- Android like features.
Some points to remember:
1)The build does not have a built-in recovery. So, for a clean wipe on your phone, you might have to reflash the TWRP.
2) The Android 5.0 Lollipop official ROM is still in a stage where it is not tested much. So, you have to proceed with extreme caution while you are installing this on your device.
3) Make it a point to verify the model number of your device before installing it to your device because flashing or installing it to some other device might permanently damage that particular device.
4) Before starting the installation process, make sure that your device has at least 80% of charge.
Steps for OPO alpha Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM installation:
1) First, download the Android 5.0 Lollipop official ROM for one plus one.
2) Hold the volume down and power buttons together to boot the phone to TWRP recovery.
3) After setting the phone to recovery mode, perform the task of wiping the data by navigating to wipe and doing a factory reset for cleaning out the entire data. Please ensure that the entire data is backed up as the entire data on the phone will be cleaned.
4) After completing the above steps, move to the install and then also find the zip file which was previously copied to the memory of your cell phone. Once you confirm the installation, you will see the ROM flash on your phone.
5)After completing the installation, you have to clean the cache again and then install the Google apps package.
6) Once you are done with the installation, reboot your phone and after restarting, you will see Android 5.0 Lollipop official ROM on your phone.