Android 5.0 Lollipop seems to be making serious inroads, with Moto X 2nd Gen all set to receive update starting this week in India. Its cheaper sibling Moto G 2nd Gen. is also up for a Lollipop treat and may receive it any time soon! Moto X is supposedly the only device out of the Nexus lineup to receive Lollipop update. Recently there were reports about LG G3 getting Android Lollipop update, but that was a heavy manual update to be installed using LG’s PC suite instead of quick OTA update.
The brand new Android OS version brings in a lot of improvements like, smoother material user interface, edge to edge imagery, typography and new vivid colors to name a few. This update will be over the air (OTA), but you may also check manually as sometimes real time notifications don’t work.
To manually check updates on your Moto X 2014 follow the path: Settings>>About Device>>System Updates. Motorola has announced that its other devices have also been lined up for Lollipop update in India. Apart from the vanilla Lollipop features, Moto X 2nd Gen. also boasts of receiving some exclusive features and functionality with this update. Two of the major updates are “Downtime” and “Interruption” settings, using which you can decide which notification and contact can get to you at what time.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop update on Moto X:
- Tap on to the “Settings” icon in the app menu.
- Now scroll down to find “About Phone” and tap on it.
- Now tap on the “System Updates”.
- Here you will see a update screen with software build number
- Tap on the “Download”.
- Once update is downloaded tap on install.
- After successful installation your Moto X will reboot.
- Keep in mind you have sufficient charge before you begin with upgrade.