If you happen to be the owner of Lenovo’s mid-ranger S60, then we have a good news for you. According to some reports on a Greek Technology blog as well as on GSM Arena, Lenovo S60 has already started receiving the Android 5.0 Lollipop update in Greece. Android Lollipop update for Lenovo S60 is soon expected to be rolled out to other geographical locations as well.
The Chinese smartphone maker launched S60 in March this year and it ran outdated Android 4.4.4 Kitkat at that time. However this update will bring Lenovo S60 at par with other smartphones running the latest Android version.
As per the GSMArena report, the update is being delivered over-the-air(OTA) in a phased manner and can take some time to make it to your device. However, it also assures that S60 users don’t need to worry as smartphone will notify whenever the update is ready to be downloaded. The update is quite beefy at 1.32 GB and it is advisable to update using a steady WiFi connection.
So what new the Android Lollipop update brings to the table? Lets have a look below to know more.
- Material design: A whole new colourful look and feel – from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colours and widgets.
- Notification UI: Notifications will appear on the lock screen and are intelligently ranked by type and who sent them.
- New Advanced ART runtime: ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness, and adds a smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications. The advanced ART is also known to compact background applications/services to allow comparatively better multitasking.
- Recent apps: Redesigned Overview space includes both applications and separate activities within those applications.
- Flashlight: Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick Settings.
- New battery saver mode: The Battery settings panel now shows an estimated projection for how much time is left while discharging or charging. Users can also enable a new battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend battery life.
- Pin a view/application: Screen pinning allows users to keep a specific app or screen in view.
It is always wise to create a backup before updating your smartphone, especially when update size is 1.32GB. Also make sure your smartphone is fully charged or plug it in before starting the update process.