Now you can pay your Delhi Jal Board(DJB) bills online as well. No need to stand in long queues and loose your precious time to pay your DJB bills. Just follow the method I’m about to tell you and can pay either from your home, office or any internet cafe’s.
Delhi Jal Board was set up in 1998 to supply water and treat sewage for whole of Delhi. DJB’s personnel visit your premises once in every two months to take reading from the meter installed and you are billed on the basis of this reading. It used to be really painful to visit DJB office and pay due to long queues and lethargic DJB employees. But you no longer need to worry about it as Govt of India has enabled you to pay your DJB bill online through National Payment Services Platform.
National Payment Services Platform uses Billdesk payment gateway. Simply click on this link to pay your bill thorough billdesk payment gateway. When this page loads in your browser window then you need to enter your New KNO which can be located in the top left corner of the DJB bill.
Once your enter your New KNO hit enter. Now you have landed on a page which lists down your bill details like Bill Number, Transaction id, Customer Name, Customer Address, Bill Date etc. My advice is to verify these details with the actual bill you received from Delhi Jal Board.
After tallying all the information now it’s time to select the mode of payment. You can make a payment through Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Debit Cards and Wallets or Cash cards as per your convenience. Once you select the mode of payment click on green “Make Payment” button below. Please keep your Credit/Debit cards handy as you may not remember the card details.
Also Read: How to pay BSES bill online
Please note that below mentioned charges apply for these payments:
- Internet Payment : Earlier, Rs. 5 per transaction for transaction payment amount up to Rs. 500 was levied, now it is borne by Delhi Jal Board.
- Internet Payment : Earlier, Rs. 10 per transaction for transaction payment amount above Rs. 500 was levied, now it is borne by Delhi Jal Board.
- Debit Card Payment : Earlier, 0.75% of the Transaction Amount for value upto Rs. 2000 was levied, now it is borne by Delhi Jal Board.
- Debit Card Payment : Earlier, 1.00% of Transaction Amount for transaction amount above Rs. 2000 was levied, now it is borne by Delhi Jal Board.
- Credit Card Payment : Earlier, 1.00% of the Transaction Amount was levied, now it is borne by Delhi Jal Board.
As per the official DJB wevsite it may take upto 48 hours before payment receipt is created in DJB for online payments. If payment receipt is not reflected even after 48 hours of online payment then you may log a grievance on DJB website.
Apart from the online method DJB bills can also be paid via:
DJB E-Kiosks: These e-kiosks have been installed in all the zonal DJB offices and you can pay either through cash or cheque from 8AM to 8PM on all the 7 week days.
Also you can pay at 353 branches or 6 partner banks like SBI, ICICI and Corporation Bank etc.