If you are an Android phone owner chances are most of the applications you have installed came from Google Play store. You just simply click on Google Play store icon on your smartphone’s home screen, then search for your favorite app, click on install and it’s done. Simple isn’t it? But what you get is plain villa apps which are conditioned as per the app owner’s wish. But you can simply modify that app and install (also known as sideloading) it manually on your Android phone. Apart from that there may be some apps which don’t exist on Google play store but you want to install them. In order to do that you first have to download them to your smartphone’s memory and then manually install them.
All the files that can be installed on Android smartphones come with .apk extension, which basically means “Application Package File” and is used to install any software package or app on Android operating system. So a candy crush app file for Android will be named as Candy Crush Saga.apk and it can be easily installed on your Android smartphone manually as well. So today we are going to present you with a tutorial on “How to manually download and install applications on Android smartphones“.
Manual App installation process on Android:
- First of all you need to download the .apk file from anywhere on internet. We are in the process of adding more apk’s so you may find some of it on our website.
- In order to manually install a software on android you have to activate “Unknown Sources” from Settings>Security and click okay when a confirmation pop up appears.
- Those running 4.2.2 Android version or higher also need to select “Verify Apps” option as well.
- It’s better you also install some file explorer app from Google play store as it will be needed to locate the app on the smartphone’s memory.
- Now using the file explorer app go to the folder where you downloaded the .apk file.
- Simply click on the .apk file and a screen will appear asking for various permissions like WiFi access, SMS sending permission etc. Now click next at the bottom.
- After this on next window click on the install button.
- Depending on the size of the app it will be installed in few seconds to few minutes.
- Now go to the “App Drawer” screen and you will find the shortcut for the installed applications.